Upcoming Activities & App
BECC Connection Point
Hey there!! This email is going to be more of a list of what’s coming up at the church that is NEW or has UPDATED details. It’s a bit lengthy, but it’s all bullet pointed for easy scanning. But first…
Did you know we have an app for smart phones? It has all the links, phone numbers, emails, a way to give from the app, sign ups for events, and a list of studies/events/activities happening at the church. Once you download, you can search for the church by zip code or name.
Upcoming Events & Details:
• Parenting Small Group: Sundays, 8 PM. This group meets online and has been for awhile. They are starting a new study by Danny Silk called “Loving Our Kids on Purpose.” Please let me know if you are interested in joining. New study starts this Sunday, 4/11.
• Women’s Small Group: Wednesdays, 7:30 PM. This group meets online and has been for awhile. They are starting a new study by Kay Arthur called “Lord Heal My Hurts.” Please let me know if you are interested in joining. New study starts this Wednesday, 4/14.
• Work Day: Saturday, April 17th
◦ Sound / Wiring Work Crew: 12 PM (lunch provided) – working on rewiring and rerouting wires with the new stage set up
◦ Women’s Serve: 2-5 PM (TENTATIVE) – cleaning the church and preparing it to open for inside services. Women’s activities are on a three month rotation: Learn, Serve, Create. This month is a SERVE month.
• Board Meeting: Monday 4/19 @ 6:30 PM. Open to the public either in person or via Zoom. Let me know if you want the link.
• Carry the Cure with Bill Pagaran: Friday, April 23rd
◦ Suicide Prevention Talk: 2 PM. Open to the public. On our Facebook Live and in person. Please register if you are attending in person. Wear a mask.
◦ Concert: 7 PM. Open to the public. We are advertising this to the community as an online concert. It will also be in person, but please note that we will encourage masks, but will not be policing physical distancing. So please be considerate when you invite others. All can join online for a physically distant safe experience, if desired. Please register if you are attending in person. Wear a mask.
• Alaska Conference Annual Meeting: Saturday, April 24th, 10 AM – 12 PM.
• In Person 11 AM Service: 11 AM. TENTATIVE reopening 🙂
◦ Sanctuary: Masks are encouraged, but not required. We will not be policing physical distancing on this side.
◦ Fellowship Hall: Masks are required. Physical distancing of 6 feet will be enforced. You must wear a mask to pass through this side to go to Sunday School or to the bathroom. Opens at 10:55 AM to allow those in Sunday School to transition to the Sanctuary.
◦ Nursery: Will be available for one family per registration. Registration is not available just yet.
◦ Sunday School: Masks not required in the classroom, but are required on the way to and from the classroom. We will not be policing physical distancing. Please head either to the sanctuary quickly, so physical distancing can be honored at 10:55 AM for the service in the fellowship hall.
◦ Parking: I know that our parking lot is small and full of snow. This really can’t be helped. Our board has approached our neighbors and offered to buy the land, but no sale there. We have been asking a surveyor to come for 18 months to help us see boundaries so we can possibly clear and fill a bit more of the lot (but, you know, COVID). So for now, a) arrive early. b) park across the street/at the courthouse. c) park on the street. Please be considerate and if you are able, please consider parking across the street/at the courthouse to allow families and newcomers and those with other needs to park in the lot.
• Congregational Meeting: May 16th @ 12:30 PM
Whew… How are you going to remember all this? Oh, with the app!! Or by checking the website (once I get it all updated by Saturday evening).
Blessings and praying about seeing you soon!
Ministry Communications Director
PS. We have some new Bible studies and events (including a suicide prevention talk and concert). You can see them above or on our app!!