1) When did you feel the call into ministry?
It was probably around 2013 when I started to feel the call to ministry. Then, after pushing it off time after time, I answered the call to Bethel.
2) Why Bethel?
The Lord worked it all out in such a way that I was ready to obey His call on me and there was a position open here.
3) What has helped shape you in ministry (think education or experiences)?
I was in a meeting the other day with a handful of ministry leaders from the Covenant Church here in Alaska and realized just how many different people ministered to me as I grew up and how much of an impact was placed upon me by people serving Christ by serving others like me. The Lord has been good to me in placing people who love Him around me. They have helped shape me in ministry.
4) Passage that you think applies to your current role in ministry or guides you as you move forward in this ministry?
There is a verse currently up in my boss’s office, 1 Peter 4:10- “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms” (NIV). Just trying to be a faithful steward.
5) What helps you the most in your relationship to the Lord?
Knowing that the relationship is built on the work and grace of Jesus and His finished work on the cross.
6) Specific areas of ministry that you oversee in the church?
Favorite book of the Bible? … Isaiah
Favorite book outside of the Bible? … Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Favorite board game? … Catan
Favorite church activity? … Worship
How many states visited? … 14
Job description in 10 words or less: … Love God, love others.
Favorite hymn … Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven
Favorite contemporary worship song … All My Hope by Crowder